The Cheekies

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Actual Debian Install!


Well, folks, it took me awhile, (by the way, I'm switching to the default font on blogger 'cause I'm too lazy to switch to Arial every single post) but now I've finally done it; I've put together an install guide for Debian! And to think it only took me a week and 13 hours. DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR SCREW UPS. IT HELPS READING THE DIRECTIONS, DUNG-HEADS!
Back up your important data too, into one folder. When we're done, you can put it back on your computer. If you have any questions, feel free to comment, and I'll help you. So here it is:
  1. Get yourself a flash drive or a CD or a DVD to install from. If you don't have any of those, you have bigger problems than just not being able to install Debian...
  2. Download Debian from www.debian.org and hunt down an ISO. Having trouble finding the installer? It's IN A GREEN POP UP ON THE HOMEPAGE MORON.
  3. Time to burn! If you're on Windows, and are going to install with a flash drive, look here. Windows with DVD or CD, look here. Linux users, use UNETBOOTIN. For DVD's or CD's, Linux users, use Brasero. Mac people, look here for those DVD's or CD'S. And for flash drives, mac people, look here. (replace it's info with your ISO's information.)
  4. Finally! Time to boot! Linux and Windows, plug in your media and reboot your computer. When it reboots, you should see a brief message saying HOLD BLANK TO ACCESS BIOS or something. Hold that key. Mac's, check here and here.
  5. Mac's select the funny USB icon thingie. Linux/Windows, select the right boot option for the BIOS, and boot from the media. Look here for help, only Windows, Linux. Mac's stay right where I told you to.
  6. Okay, once booted, it's time to install. When the install menu pops up, use the arrow keys to find the Debian Graphical Install and press ENTER. 

And now for a tediously long explanation with pictures about dual booting Debian, or single installing Debian. Ha! Did you really think I was going to do that? No, I'll just embed a few videos and sites!

 
Standard Install


Windows Dual Boot
 
 Another Video!


Ha! I fooled you guys, didn't I? Anyway, that's how you install Debian. Be sure to check out my next post on configuring Debian! Peace.