The Cheekies

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Debian Linux Install!

Well folks, it's that time of year again. Of course, I'm referring to WINDOWS SPRING CLEANING (TM)! Your computer has been chugging along happily for a whole year (or, more likely, it's been cursing you all with it's dying breath) and now, it's time for it to have a pit stop. That means, it's time to pull out the old Microsoft Windows Key, back up important files, and then pull out your big old Windows Disc, and reinstall! Well, this year, I have a better option for you! I thought this would be the perfect time to teach EVERYONE how to install Debian, the BEST operating system in my book. Debian is a form of GNU/Linux, (no, Linux is not 16 lines of code) with key features being stability, ease of use, and NO YEARLY REINSTALLS! It can run for years on end without you ever having to load that reinstall disc ever again! Okay, cutting the crap now. The real reason I wanted to show you people how to install Debian is because I screwed up my original install, and now I'm taking a do over. It's not the operating system's fault though, I swear! I just kind of accidentally wiped the drive while screwing around with my system. Yeah, pretty dumb. But, at least I have a backup, right? Except that's only two folders out of all the stuff I have installed. So, anyway, if you want an instant tech bonus in my books, or maybe you don't want to deal with M$ crap, or maybe you're a Mac convert, (iSheep, have you seen the light?) but nevertheless, over the coming days, I'll patch together a site dedicated to you, and link it here.