The Cheekies

Friday, June 13, 2014

World Cup! Brazil FTW!


Go BRAZIL! Hey guys, because of the World Cup, the awesome-est sporting event on the planet, I haven't posted for the past 3 days. Football (no one DARE mention that American ripoff of rugby) is one of my passions, and I've been taking some extra time to fully implement my World Cup Game viewing schedule. This time around (I've only seen 2 world cups, the one in 2010 and now), my heart is with Brazil for the win, since Nepal, my home country has almost never qualified for the World Cup (our players suck, but we're obsessed with the game), but judging from their lack luster and rudimentary performance on Wednesday, I'm not so sure it'll happen anymore.  My other favorites are Argentina, Germany, and Spain. Update: Screw you Spain! That performance against the Netherlands? DISGUSTING. You could barely PASS THE BALL, let alone make a goal. And what's up with those pathetic attempts at saves? Half the time you were just walking. The only real save you did was for the 6th goal, but that was all goalie. Okay, I just had to get that out of my system. I don't know who my 4th favorite is; everyone else just looks like they'll do well, just not enter the finals. The Dutch look good, but their opponent sucked, so we'll see.
So, here's to Brazil as the winner, hopefully they'll win this time in their own country, and GERMANY as a second. So far, this world cup has been a bit lack luster, clouded with screw ups mostly, and few moments that actually stand out as being awesome. Here's to an awesome-er match between Chile and Australia! Comment about your favorites for the gold below!